To assist Skidaway Community Church in carrying out its Vision: “To become a joyful, thriving church reflecting the face of Jesus to the world,” as well as the church’s Mission: “Love God. Love Your Neighbor. Change the World.”
Develop and implement a comprehensive program of Christian education, including mission and fellowship activities for members of Skidaway Community Church.
Develop and implement community outreach programs to reach Skidaway Island and adjoining communities.
Create programming communications content for posting on social media, church website, and various publications. Effectively collaborate and engage with communications committee to achieve maximum outreach.
Foster effective coordination and communication between pastor, committees, church staff, and membership.
Outreach and engage Skidaway Community Preschool families and others to encourage their participation in the life of the church.
Hours: Full-time: hours to include Sundays, some Saturdays, and some evenings.
Wages and Benefits: Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Accountability: Reports to Pastor; coordinates with all staff, church committees and pre-school.
Essential skills for success:
• Adaptable, enthusiastic self-starter with above average organization skills.
• Ability to build consensus and effectively collaborate with various church stakeholders.
• Ability to organize programs and activities; then activate and assign responsibilities for the program or activity with a minimum of supervision and follow-up.
• Demonstrated interest and commitment to working with people of all ages.
• Effective event creation, coordination, and management of program content.
• Demonstrated Christian character and commitment to the Vision of the church and its goals for growth and relevance in our community.
• Experience in social media, influencer marketing, and content creation.
• Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, WordPress, Adobe Photoshop, and video editing/production experience.
Education and Experience:
• Formal education and training in communications, public or media relations, education, ministry, event planning, or related fields.
• Minimum of two years related work experience, including at least one year of related work experience maintaining a social media presence.
• Experience with basic digital design/layout.
• Experience with internet marketing that includes social media, e-communications and website management.
• Experience recruiting, training, and coordinating an active core of volunteers desired.
Program Coordination Priorities:
Children and Preschool:
• Develop and implement an annual schedule of children and youth activities and fellowship events, including Vacation Bible Camp.
• Cultivate relationships with preschool and scouting families and encourage participation in the life of the church.
• Manage and enhance existing Adult and Family oriented programs, with particular emphasis on increasing opportunities for interactions and engagement between congregation members and members of our local community.
• Collaborate with each ministry team to develop and implement programming, mission, and fellowship opportunities that further the
Vision and Mission of the Church through theologically sound, contemporary, socially relevant and intellectually stimulating content that actively promotes increased interaction with our community.
• Gather and maintain attendance records for all groups.
• Develop and implement program for Parenting/Family Support meetings.
• Gather, organize, and generate information about the SCC congregation, ministries, programs, special events and activities that capture the core values and assets of SCC.
• Communicate and share all materials and information with church staff and pertinent ministry leaders.
• Other duties as assigned or to meet emergency and opportunistic situations.
Is GOD Calling You? Please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org